Friday, February 5, 2016

Murtaza little Messi of Afghanistan

Little Messi of Afghanistan
Photo by :Enayatullah Azad

Murtaza father:
“He likes football a lot. He plays from dawn until sundown, every day. We are not able to buy him a ball or a jersey, so this one day his elder brother Homayoon made a plastic jersey for him with the name and number of his favourite player; Lionel Messi. And now, it feels like the whole world is looking for my boy.
I am very excited that Messi has made the commitment of meeting Murtaza. If this meeting does take place soon, it will be a rare sight to witness. Fulfilled childhood desires are not as common as they should be. I want Mortaza to be someone who brings pride and joy to our country. I would like him to become a professional footballer someday.”

Murtaza:

“I am very happy to meet Messi. I like him, and I like football a lot. I want to be like him in the future.”

Murtaza 5, Ghazni

Courtesy: Muhib Shadan

No comments:

Post a Comment